1. This week is National Library Week. Did you know? One of my sisters is a librarian and she posted this video. Love it! Support your local library!
We’ve moved across the country and visited many different libraries. I loved them all for different reasons. But if I had to pick a favorite, West Des Moines, Iowa would be the winner. Loved that library!
Do you love your library? Why or why not?
2. Have you heard about this? I just heard about it this week – enter every day to win $3000 worth of gear from Asics! (head over to AsicsAmerica to enter) Sweet! I love Asics running shoes. I wear both the GT 1000 and GT 2000 and love them. My husband can get Asics through his podiatry office, so I tend to stick with them. We got our order this week and I couldn’t resist these new shoes. I’m supposed to save them for another 200 miles, but I caved and cheated just little bit, and tried them out for 5 miles on the treadmill. (They felt SO good!)
What is your favorite type of running shoe?
3. The Boston Marathon is coming up next week. A lot of the running bloggers that I read and follow are running it. I’m not sure I’m really marathon material. I like the half marathon distance. It’s a challenge but I don’t feel like I’m going to die. My husband says that running is in my blood. My dad runs, my two brothers run, two of my three sisters run. My dad just sent me an email this week that my uncle ran his 40th marathon this last weekend. He ran an 8:33 pace for the first 16 miles and then for the last part dropped to 10:44 and a total average pace of 9:24 and a time of 4 hours and 6 minutes which puts him inside 4:10 of the Boston Marathon qualifying for someone between 65 and 69. He’s run the Boston before. His best marathon time was the 2009 Athens Classic Marathon in Greece (4:04). Did I mention he is 66!
That is all so impressive to me! His time…with a blister and a cramp…. is a good time for me. haha. Maybe a marathon should go somewhere on my bucket list. At least one? not this year…but maybe?!?
Have you ever run a marathon? Would you ever?
4. Best part of cross training is that I can take advantage of the bike in our basement. And any time on the indoor bike means reading time. 12 miles on Wednesday morning and a good book. Love the photo bomb of chubby toddler legs.
Do you cross train or stick to one type of exercise? What do you like to do when you cross train?
5. And it’s a giveaway week!
Congratulations Vanessa! I’ll get in touch with you and hope you enjoy your copy of Worlds Aligned!
And if you didn’t win, but still want to read this book – look for it on amazon – or even come and borrow my copy. It’s a great book and fun adventure.
Hope you have a great weekend!