1. Nice easy runs this week and next week as I get ready for my second half of the summer. My friend said this would be an easy run. It was fun, not sure about easy. It was a 12 mile route we had picked out. One of our poor husbands had to get up at 5 am to drive us to the top. We ran down the Provo Canyon Trail and then north on the Murdock Canal Trail. I should not have done this long run between last week’s race and next week’s race. I walked the last mile…and totally gave up and stopped at 11.75 I have no shame. I was just done. Just look at that mountain we ran around though!
It was so cold when we started…and no one told me about the black pants memo. But we had a good time. I can’t decide for next week – capris or shorts?
These ladies are so fun. We laugh and laugh the whole time we run.
2. I’ve been on a reading streak lately. 6 books in the past 10 days. I can’t wait to post some of my favorite book finds next week, a lot of non-fiction books. I loved one I read about waking up early and your early morning routine. Do you wake up early? Do you have a morning routine? I love to wake up early, but don’t have much of a set routine.
3. Meet our new running partners. Wednesday while out on a run with my friends we hear a strange noise behind us. It sure sounded like someone was chasing us….and then we looked back and saw these two! Baby calves. They must have been out for their long run too – because they took off, right past us and off they went. We saw them later, they had some how crossed the train tracks (without getting hit) and were running free in a field towards the lake.
I love that I live in a small enough-big town there are still cows out and about.I love that my friends put up with me and laugh at me (and take pictures for me).
I’m am NOT an animal person at all. They always get a good laugh at me.
And yes, we tried (but were not successful) at calling animal control.
4. I’ve been thinking of doing a 30 day challenge….something with abs. I think this one looks good. Plus it encourages me to drink water. I am horrible at drinking water. (If only it tasted like Diet Coke!)
Anyone got some good 30 day challenge ideas? A different one I should do?
I’m thinking of starting Monday. Anyone else want to join? Just telling you know – probably not going to post any before/after shots…because no one wants to see my tummy after 5 kids. But I think I’d love to do some measurements and see if there are any results.
5. Speaking of 30 day challenges and fitness goals…I’ve been going back and forth about going back on the My Fitness Pal bandwagon. I had the app and loved it. But then I hated it. I really am mixed. If I do the 30 day challenge, should I try to log for 30 days too? What do you think? Do you love or hate My Fitness Pal?