Phew….what a week it’s been! I forget how much it takes to get established in a new routine, homework, school, activities. And then to top it off everyone needs to eat dinner at the end of the day! Everyone has seen this, right? It still makes me laugh every time. But it is SO true.
1. School back in session, so me and my treadmill are now best friends again. Good and bad. Love the convenience….
But those of you who know me (or keep track…and if you do, I’m impressed (and a little creeped out) because I can’t always keep track myself)….I have 4 kids in school but I still have one little buddy with me all day. She’s my little shadow. My treadmill in in the basement…and shares a room with a beauty shop my mother in law had for years and years. (notice that awesome retro green chair?). My niece does hair in the room occasionally, but not too often. Little Lu will join me for my runs and watch a show in the big green chair…she loves to take a ride up and down too.
If you run or workout with kids still at home -how do you do this? I would love to hear ideas!
If I can’t fit a run in during the morning, I can usually squeeze one in after helping with homework while everyone is getting their rewarded screen/kindle time in or after the littles go to bed. I finished the series I was watching…When Calls the Heart. And the second season ends on a HUGE cliffhanger. I need them to make season 3 ASAP!
Anyway, I typically love to listen to music on anything less than 4 miles and a show for anything over.
Some of my favorite songs on my playlist right now: Geronimo by Sheppard, Shake it off, 22, Blank Space by Taylor Swift…come to think of it, I think half my playlist is Taylor Swift. American Kids by Kenny Chesney, Shut up and Dance by Walk the Moon, Give me Back my Hometown by Eric Church and Lips are Movin by Meghan Trainor.
Any recommendations? Shows? Music?
2. I really loved this post this week by Modern Mrs. Darcy. What does healthy look like for you? I’m pretty sure my picture of healthy includes chocolate and Diet Coke.
I am not even joking.
3. My Fitness Pal. I have a love/hate relationship with you. Who else uses this app? I think it’s a great way to keep track of calories. And it does make me think about what I eat and how much. But seriously, every single night when I complete my entry I want to throw my phone across the room and yell LIAR! Because I can consistently log for 6 week, or whatever it says, and not see the changes it says I should have. Occasionally I run out of room on my phone for whatever reason…and I always delete this app first.
anyone love this app? Please tell me why I should keep it.
4. I need some serious help… I am in a total reading slump. yes…I have a couple books that I am reading. But I am just struggling finding/making time right now and really getting into reading. Not that I don’t have some great books to choose from…my nightstand and kindle are both loaded with some great choices. I just am not feeling it right now. Do you ever feel that way? How do you overcome it?
5. And last, but not least, I shared this with some students at school last week. I truly believe it is true. Someday it might be harder to find than others, but it’s there. Look for it!
Every day may not be good, but there is something good in every day.
Look for the good…better yet – BE the good in every day – and have a great weekend!