- Did you know that My Reading Spot is on Pinterest? One of my current favorite boards is my 16 in 16 Challenge boards, where I am pinning a collection of books that are top picks for my 16 books to read this year. Jump on over and follow along.
2. Book club is coming back in February! We’ve read two fiction books, so I think it’s time to stretch ourselves a little and pick a non-fiction read. Here are the top choices, I think there are some really great ones!
- Say Goodbye to Survival Mode, Crystal Paine
- The Four Doors, Richard Paul Evans
- The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up, Marie Kondo
- The Best Yes, Lysa Terkeurst
- Choose Higher Ground, Henry B. Eyring
- The Fringe Hours, Jessica Turner
Leave me a comment and let me know what you want to read. I’ll announce which book we are going to read next week so we can all get our copies and start reading before February.
3. Confession time. I’ve been a complete slacker when it comes to running this week. And I haven’t even had sick kids, I haven’t been sick (other than a horrible migraine yesterday), and I actually gained a little free time back this week because my calling at church has recently changed! I have nothing…not one single good excuse. I am needing some serious motivation. So…I decided to sign myself up for my first half marathon on the year. The Riverton Half. It will be April 2. Anyone else want to run it with me? It’s a SUPER good price that you can’t beat.
4. Speaking of lack of motivation to work out – this video is one of the best I have seen. And now every time I hear the song on the radio I can’t help but laugh.
5. And last but not least, one more song for motivation. I love this new one by Tim McGraw. A friend posted it yesterday and I just can’t get it out of my head, which I think is just fine. Since it’s such a good message!
Hope you have a great weekend.
I hope to get some motivation and go on a run 🙂
Don’t forget – leave a comment and let me know what book you want to read for February book club!
This post contains affiliated links, you can read my policy here.