I haven’t done a Friday Five in a couple weeks…so here we go!
Five thoughts from this week:
- Anyone want to run a race with me? Just a 5k…easy peasy! (That’s just 3.1 miles) The goal of Rescue Run 5K is to raise money to help rescue children currently held against their will in child sex trafficking. It’s for such a good cause and pretty much right in our backyard. I’ll even walk it with you if we need to walk! Check out the website here and register here!
2. This week: I finished Pride and Prejudice on audible and am halfway through Brooklyn by Colm Toibin. I read and advanced copy of Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly and couldn’t put it down. It’s not a book for the faint of heart but in the end I really enjoyed it. I also finished the 3rd book in the Matchmaker series, If We Were a Movie, by Kelly Oram. It was was a cute easy read. I also just started Hour of the Bees, by Lindsay Eagar. I’ve been trying to get better with my scripture and spirtual study. So dear friends bought me Becoming His for my birthday and I’ve really enjoyed reading though and studying it daily.
What are you reading this week?
3. One week until race day! I’m not hoping for a PR this time around. That might sound strange to say; rather I want to finish strong and healthy. The last two half marathons I ran last year I was so sick after. I believe one was from heat and another was from not properly refueling after I came across the finish line. So I’ve been spending the last couple months experimenting what works best for me after longer runs and I hope I’ve finally got it figured out! I’ve added a protein shake right after my run and then way more water to the rest of the day and I think it’s really helped. My goal is 4 half marathons this year and race season is upon us! I need to finalize the rest of my schedule soon!
4. One of my favorite new apps: Habitbull
A few weeks ago a heard a talk at church that really made me think about my habits. I’ve been really hard on myself lately and not feeling my best. I have just been down and I think I really need to work on really focusing on holy habits in my life. I need to be better at prayer, at scripture and spiritual study and writing in a gratitude journal. I know I need to do these things but I always seem to get to the end of the day and forget. When I heard the talk in church a few weeks ago, I came home and searched for anything to help. Habitbull was an app that kept coming up on Pinterest so I thought I would give it a shot. So far I really like it. Every day I am reminded to read my scriptures, to say my prayers, to write in my journal and to drink water.
Do you use a habit tracking app? How do form new habits? I would love to know if there is a better one out there!
5. And last, but not least, a funny picture from Facebook this week. I think this is what my husband thinks happens at our house often:
Have any fun weekend plans? Reading anything good? Leave me a comment and share your thoughts!
This post contains affiliated links.