Phew! The last couple weeks have been a whirlwind of busy. I love it. But reading has been hit and miss for me this past month. Running has taken a hit too. There are just so many things to do! Last week I was able to spend 5 days in VEGAS at the Rodan and Fields convention. I learned SO much, am I am SO excited about the new product launch and had such a blast getting to know the girls on my team and having fun. I came home SO exhausted.
Holidays are around the corner, and I have a lot of reading (and blogging to do) to make my goal this year of 100 books. But today I thought I would share my Friday five for the week – the month actually, because these are 5 things I LOVE having in my life right now.
- Grocery store pick up! – Can you see the guy in the back? loading up my grocery and I didn’t even have to get out of my car! LOVE this option. It helps me plan my meals since I have to plan ahead to order the food. It also helps me save money since I’m not wondering around the store. And hello…who wants to go to the grocery store with mom? NO ONE! But now they don’t mind. The only downfall is that sometimes you cannot pick it up same day, sometimes even the next day is full, but I’m lucky enough to live in a place that has a handful of stores that participate all super close, so I check out times before I order and order from the store that can give me the best pick up time!
2. Sorry, we can’t play. This summer my kids ran down to a friends house to play, but returned and told me that they had a note saying that they couldn’t play at the moment. This mom is a GENIUS!…totally not kidding, because she is a rock star mom of 6 amazing kids. And maybe the idea isn’t new, but once I decided to try it I was HOOKED! And not only do I love it, but my kids actually says it helps them too. They can come home from school and not feel pressure to get things done super fast. They know they just have to flip the sign for their friends to get the signal (the other side says, ‘yes we can play’). I love having a house full of kids, and I don’t mind the neighborhood kids coming over at all, but this little sign is a total game changer at our house. Just like grocery shopping pick up – I totally should have done this sooner!
3. Have you heard Hillary Weeks new album?! LOVING it! The songs are just what I need to hear and SO inspiring. I have it in my car, because I spend a lot of time there ;), I just cannot pick a favorite, just when I think I’ve found a favorite, another song comes on and I love that one too.
Beautiful Heartbreak is a song from her older album, but still one of my favorites. Plus, this video is just amazing. I cannot watch it without tearing up. Her songs speak straight to my heart.
4. Following Hillary, this sounds trivial – but if you are a DP fan – you HAVE to try this new treat I’ve found. Ice, Diet Dr. Pepper and Almond Joy creamer….talk about SO YUMMY! It’s like dessert in a drink. Trust me – and try it! I cannot get enough of it, and my DDP will never be the same without it.
5. And last, but not least. I’ve been trying really hard to find a balance between everything that I do – There are just so many hours in the day and I know if I use them wisely I can get more done. But I wear so many hats. I work a couple different jobs, I’ve been trying to set time apart for just the kids and family and I’ve been trying to really focus on not looking at my phone an hour or so before bedtime. So setting my phone on do not disturbed has really helped me stay focused and not get distracted. It’s been a game changer. I’m not ignoring you, just trying to find a balance. I’m working really hard at setting more “office hours” and “home hours” and this tiny little button really helps me differentiate.
There you have it – my top 5 favorites right now. What are 5 things you are loving on right now? I would love to hear!