2016 was a challenging year. I had some highs and lows, and in the end learned a lot about myself. I thought it would be fun to share a few highlights from the year. Short and sweet….
5 Highlights from reading:
- I read 105 books total!
- 61 Fiction books
- 44 Nonfiction books
- September I only read 4 books, but in February I read 14!
- Eight of those books were audio books,I had never liked audio books until this year, but now I think it’s great way to do two things at once.
5 Highlights from running:
- I ran 4 half marathon races, and two more 13 mile runs while training.
- I ran one half marathon under 2 hours! This might be my favorite memory of all of 2016! It was such a high!
- Holiday Running Streak! I ran 130 miles from Thanksgiving Day until New Years Eve – I at least walked one mile every single day.
- Ran through four pairs of running shoes (Asics GT2000 are my favorite!)
- I upgraded from my Garmin Vivofit to a Garmin VivoActive and I LOVE what this watch can do. Track my sleep, my steps, my indoor and outdoor running, I can see my texts, change my music. So much more! So glad I made this switch! But…I logged miles on Garmin, Map My Run and Strava this year and my grand total is different each place. Lesson learned, in 2017 I am logging miles in just one place!
How was your 2016? Share some of your highlights!
Goals for next year?…Coming next week. I am looking forward to 2017. New goals and a fresh start. Bring it on!