I haven’t posted a Friday Five for a while – life has been busy and crazy! But this morning my little and I are enjoying the most lazy morning ever and so I thought I would share 5 little things I’ve been loving lately.
- I can’t believe I am even typing this – but I’ve really started to love essential oils this year! I can’t say they’ve cured us of anything like cancer – but I can tell you that I’ve used them on my kids this year when they’ve been sick and I do believe that everyone has got better faster, and we haven’t been as sick this year either. I’ve been hooked on using a diffuser in the house. I love having OnGuard going in the afternoon when they get home from school, (to help combat all those germs they just faced) but my hands down favorites have been these little rollers and some of the “emotional” type blends. Motivate and Cheer are my favorite smells and I love that I can keep them handy in my purse.
Balance is another favorite I like to diffuse during homework time. And honestly, we still might have meltdowns, because sometimes that homework is just tough – but at least my house smells good too. And the kids are obsessed with having lavender in their room each night now when they go to bed. Anything to get rid of the stinky/sock/boy smell in the older boys room. What is up with that anyway? No matter what it seems like boys rooms always smell!
Have you ever tried essential oils? What are some of your favorites?
2. I am LOVING two books this week. The Slight Edge was recommended to me by a Rodan and Fields leader on my team and I LOVE it. I actually finished it – and if you’ve been reading my posts, you know I’ve had some commitment issues with finishing books this past month. The second half is SO much better to me and while I don’t think the information is anything completely new, I really found his book interesting. There is also a teen version and audio cd that works hand in hand with this book – I listened to the audio and just got the book – I can’t wait to read through this with some of my older kids! So great! Review coming soon (hopefully!)
Another book I’m loving is this one on the atonement. The Continuous Atonement by Brad Wilcox. I’ve been reading and studying a lot about the atonement lately. I am not a scriptorian, or clam to be one, and some books are interesting but go completely over my head honestly. This book is spot on for me. There is also a teen edition of this book too that I am looking forward to checking out too.
What have you been reading this week?
3. I’ve said it before, but I’m going to say it again – I am LOVING my lipsense like crazy. It makes me feel like I am all “put together” and all I have on is lipstick and mascara. Have you tried this stuff? What do you think?
4. Two shows I cannot get enough of lately – I’ve been re watching Gilmore Girls from the beginning. I am in the middle of season 3 right now – and I LOOVE Jess! Did you watch this show? Were you a Jess fan? I am not sure we can be friends anymore if you weren’t 😉
The other show I have been LOVING is Victoria on PBS masterpiece. Such a great show! I’ve had some friends recommend that I watch The Young Victoria next. Have you been watching? What would you recommend I watch next?
5. And last, but not least this is my quote of the week. Because it is SO true. Believe in yourself. Believe it will work out. It’s all about perspective and attitude.