We love Easter around here. It’s been nice reading some Easter themed books and feeling the spirit of Easter come into our home this week. For Friday Five I thought I would share a couple of our favorite traditions…
1. The Easter Egg Lesson. Each egg has a scripture and object. Until the last one. It just has the scripture, because it is empty, like the tomb. Because He has Risen!
2. This weekend we will be making our Easter cookies. There are a lot of different variations of these around on the internet. We like these. Plus, looking at this old post from our family blog always makes me smile at those tiny little boys, who are too big and too cool now.
3. The Easter Egg Roll…the kids really love this one. When we lived in Washington we started this tradition. You just need a hill and a hard boiled egg. Wade did this all the time growing up. My parents have an awesome hill and the kids loved watching their hard boiled eggs roll. Who ever can get their egg to crack and the yoke come out first is the yoke winner. It’s been a little bit more of a challenge since moving here to find a good hill, and honestly, it has nothing to do with Easter, but it’s still a family favorite, and the kids LOVE it.
4. Of course, we will have a family Easter Egg Hunt, there will be candy, we’ll be coloring some eggs, and I’m sure we’ll eat lots and lots of yummy food this weekend. We started coloring our eggs with kool-aid a couple years ago. It’s pretty cool. I don’t think I’ll ever go back. Our church holds a semi-annual world wide conference every year. It is always the first weekend of April and October. This year that happens to fall on Easter too. It’s a great weekend and always full of spiritual guidance. You can watch it by clicking here.
5. And last, but not least…and nothing to do with Easter…but I’m excited for the next couple weeks. I have some GREAT books I’ve been reading. I have a couple giveaways planned. It should be fun! (If you haven’t already you can “like” my facebook page, I always share the posts and details there.) Next week I have a giveaway planned for a really great new book by Josi S. Kilpack. It’s a regency romance…I LOVE a good regency romance! The week after that I’m going to tell you more about the book I just finished reading - Worlds Aligned. There will be a giveaway that week too! It’s a fun book by another local author that my sister told me about. I think my boys will really love this book. And I think it’s so important to spread the word and share a good book when it’s someone in your community who put so much time and effort into it. Support local!
What are some of your Easter traditions? What have you been reading lately?
It’s spring break next week – Do you have any good spring break plans? We are all about enjoying a staycation this year…nothing better than being at home with family.
Have a great Easter and Conference Weekend.