It’s December 1st! Hopefully you already have a head start on your Christmas shopping, but if you still have a couple (or everyone) left on your list, no fear. I have a couple fun suggestions for anyone on that list that might enjoy reading. Obviously, books would be my first and top answer to any gift for someone who loves reading, but I know it can be super difficult to find just the right book, or a book that they haven’t read already…so today I am sharing my top ten picks for someone who loves books – that are not books! Let me know what you think, and I would love to hear if you have any suggestions!
- Well, it really shouldn’t be surprising, that my number one gift idea for the book lover would be this…a Kindle Fire. Amazon has an amazing deal going on right now with their Kindle Fire. You can grab a 7 inch fire for $49.99 What a deal! This is such a huge improvement from when I first bought my first kindle. In my opinion, it’s one of the best presents you can give for under $50.
2. I am crushing on this kindle fire case. I love the colors. Another must for my Kindle’s case – the flaps that help it stand up, I use this all the time! (like when I’m lazy and reading in bed and don’t want the kindle to fall on my face! 😉
3. A shirt – like this one, would be welcome around my house…I might have to wear it every day. It would look super cute with jeans, or a pencil skirt – or with yoga pants while I am cuddling in a blanket reading a good book…but that is just me 😉
4. Does the reader in your life like to keep track of what they read? I love to keep a list, I try to keep up on Goodreads, but I’m not always the best at keeping it up to date. I really love the idea of having a journal. A reading journal – like this one to help you keep track of all your books. It would be fascinating to read back through it year after year!
5. Everyone needs a calendar, so why not get the book lover in your life, The Book Lover’s Calendar? I think it looks pretty clever!
6. Book mark right? I am totally loving these personalized bookmarks I found on Etsy. You could create a different option for each book lover in your life. If it were me, I would go with my birthstone, Aqua (march) and the tree of life. LOVE!
7. I’ve recently discovered essential oils. (I know…I’m totally behind the times on this.) And I’ve looked into them before, but never knew where to start or what to buy. A few weeks ago I was able to really talk to a friend about them and she has been a wealth of knowledge! And I am really enjoying what I have tried so far. I’ve noticed my night feels so much more complete now if I sit down with a good book and have a little lavender on. It’s soothing and really relaxing. I had no idea just how much these could affect my mood. The DoTerra Touch bottles are just the right thing and super easy for me to use too when I want to sit down and enjoy a good book. Lavender and Peace are my favorite!
8. A book of the month club! I LOVE this idea. I did subscribe to a running box for a few months and really loved it. I was skeptical for a book subscription, because I wasn’t sure I could get through the books I would receive and the books I wanted to read too. For my birthday one of my best friends surprised me with an Owl Crate box. It was super fun and I loved all the book, as well as the little things that went with it.
Another super tempting box that I’ve been eyeing is the Lit Joy Crate. I think my kids would LOVE getting these boxes! If “something to read” is on your Christmas list – a subscription to this might be just what your kids love!
9. A couple free trials! Who wouldn’t love to try a few new things out for Christmas? If your reader already has a Kindle, and loves book, maybe a free trials of Amazon Kindle Unlimited would be something that they would love to check out? I’ll admit, not every book that I read is avaliable with Unlimited, but enough that I think the subscription is worth it. (at least to me, because I read a lot!). Over the past year I’ve really come to love audio books too – so another cool trial that a reader might like to check out is to try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks while they are at it! My kids also really love Audible – they love listening to audio books each night before they go to bed. And last – but not least of the free trials that Amazon offres – the big daddy of them all…the Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial. If you don’t have Amazon prime, I am a HUGE fan. I’ve converted my entire family. We love it!
10. Does your reader love jewelry? One of my good friends recently gave me this super cute book necklace. And I adore it! I get so many compliments when I wear it. Amazon and Etsy have SO many different options in every price range if you are wanting to go this route. I don’t think you could go wrong!
What would you add to this list? Did I leave anything out? I would love to hear your suggestions and ideas for bookish presents! I am always on the lookout!
Only 24 days to go!